Click here to return to Japan Years homepage

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Eight Random Things

Internet peer pressure strikes by way of a tag from Claus over at Grand Stream Dreams, who requested for The Japan Years crew to think up eight random things about me us. Since Nicki isn't here to defend herself, this list may be skewed a little to the Mike side of things... I'll try to remain neutral though.

1. Nicki and I were originally set up on a blind date by our friends at Gingers Mom. Funny thing is, six months before we met we were both at the Gingers Mom/Gingers Dad wedding and neither of us even remember seeing the other one there.

2. I've been playing the guitar off and on for more than fifteen years. During high school, I was in a garage band that we named "Dementia" because it was a cool word that came from Metallica's song, The Frayed Ends of Sanity.

3. Nicki has seven brothers and sisters (if I got that count right), not to mention all the cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. There's almost always interesting news coming out of her family.

4. In Josh's nearly four years of life, he's already established himself as a traveller. He's already flown the voyage from the US to Japan (or vice versa) three times now. In addition, he's traveled the length of California, from San Diego up to about Trinidad (north of Eureka on the coast). He's also road-tripped from coast-to-coast in the USA; travelling through Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California. One day, he'll ask us why he never gets to go anywhere and we'll tell him it's because he's already seen and done it all.

5. Nicki's first job growing up was working as a server at a Japanese restaurant in Sacramento. Mine was as a bagger and cashier at a Food Lion grocery store in Richmond, VA.

6. I have an unnatural dislike of vacuum cleaners. It's not that I don't like using them, I have just never liked that sound. I have to leave the room unless I'm in control of the thing.

7. Nicki loves Abyssinian cats. One day, if we ever get a pet, it'll more than likely be an Abyssinian.

8. Before our Japan Years are over, our goal is to visit China, Thailand, and possibly Australia and New Zealand. Singapore's on our list too, but not as high up as the rest of those places. Stay tuned to see if we can do it all.

3 Comments:

Blogger ReyLynda said...

Loved this concept, what a great way to get to know you guys better!

Also think that you have puppy ears....my Border Collie views the vacuum cleaner with equal disgust.

Thu Jul 26, 11:40:00 PM GMT+9  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Ahhhh...the comment whore in my thanks you for the linky love. You're welcome for the introduction too...

I have a dislike for vacuums too. I just hate using it. We aren't friends that Dyson and me.

Sounds like a great list of places to visit. I hope you fit it all in!

Fri Jul 27, 08:33:00 AM GMT+9  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are great sports!

#1 was interesting.

Lavie and I grew up in the same town and our dads worked at the same town oil refinery...so they knew of each other.

We have photos of my family at the company picnics (when I was just a toddler) and in the background of some of the slides, Lavie was startled to catch images of some of her own relatives. She was there at the picnics at the same time...small town living...

We didn't "meet" until our final years in high-school, and it wasn't until college that we dated seriously...which led to marriage.

Funny (fateful?) how these things sometimes happen!

Sat Jul 28, 12:39:00 AM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home